Messmer provides a continuum of education from grades K4–12 at three campuses. We expect the best from our students and using our proven learning strategies, our students achieve excellence. We support our students with the tools they need ranging from programs for high achieving students and Advanced Placement opportunities to academic support and tutoring.
Many of our grade school students go on to Messmer High School. Messmer High School graduates go on to colleges, universities, and skilled trade apprenticeship programs across the country, and our graduates typically earn scholarships to support the high cost of college education or skill trade apprenticeship/certification.
- Focus on literacy and math.
- Character education and faith-formation.
- Reading specialists and Educational Assistants are present to provide extra help.
- Technology available for use in the classroom.
- Fine Arts courses are available.
- Daily prayer and religion courses.
- Various sports and clubs are available at all levels.
- Title I services are available.
- Busing is available but may be limited at some campuses.
- Free breakfast and lunch for all students.
- Participant in the Milwaukee and Wisconsin Parental Choice Programs and the Special Needs Scholarship Program.
High School Focused Programs and Initiatives
- STEM programming available including Project Lead the Way at the high school.
- Craftsmanship and carpentry courses are growing.
- AP, Honors, and Accelerated courses are available.
- Financial Literacy course at the high school is required.
- Student leadership opportunities through volunteer programming around the city.
- Student of the Month and Honor Roll students are celebrated.
Additional Programs and Initiatives
- Response to Intervention (RtI) services are available to assist with identifying student needs.
- New Math curriculum at elementary (Zearn) and middle school (Aleks) levels.
- ELL services are available at Messmer High School and Messmer Saint Rose locations.