Messmer provides a continuum of education from grades K4–12 at three campuses. We expect the best from our students and using our proven learning strategies, our students achieve excellence. We support our students with the tools they need ranging from programs for high achieving students and Advanced Placement opportunities to academic support and tutoring.
Programs and Initiatives
System-wide focus on literacy:
- Reading specialists and Educational Assistants are present to provide extra help.
- Curruculum to reinforce reading and literacy skills across multiple subjects.
- 90-minute literacy blocks.
- Accelerated Reader program and reading contests.
- Response to Intervention (RtI) services are available to assist with identifying student needs.
- New Math curriculum at elementary levels. · STEM programming available at all levels, including Project Lead the Way at the high school.
- Technology available for use in the classroom.
- Title I and after school courses are available.
- Busing is available but may be limited at some campuses.
- Before and After care are available for an hourly fee at elementary campuses.
- Free breakfast and lunch for all students.
- ELL services are available.
- Daily prayer and religion courses.
- AP, Honors, and Accelerated courses available at the high school.
- Financial Literacy course at the high school is required.
- Music and Drama is available during the day and as an extra-curricular activity.
- Opportunities to volunteer in the schools and around the city.
- Student of the Month and Honor Roll students are celebrated.
- Various sports and clubs are available at all levels.
Many of our grade school students go on to Messmer High School. Over 85% of Messmer High School graduates go on to colleges and universities across the country, and our graduates typically earn millions in scholarships to support the high cost of college education.